Documents required to rent a home
These are the documents we need before we can offer you a property with EPIC
Once you have completed our application form, we ask that you send the following documents to us within 14 days. We cannot process your application without these documents.
We need a copy of the following documents from every person to be rehoused with you who is aged 18 or over:
Proof of Identity
- Passport or Identity Card
If you do not have a passport or identity card, we need any 2 of the following documents:
- Photographic driving licence
- Birth Certificate (Long version – the short version is not accepted)
- Proof of benefit letter dated within the last 3 months
If you do not have the above documents please email email@example.com for advice.
Proof of Address
Two documents which are dated within the last 3 months that show the address you are currently living at such as:
- Bank Statement
- Utility Bill
- Phone Bill
- Benefit Letter
Proof of National Insurance Number
- This can be found on your wage slip or a letter from the Department of Work and Pensions.
Proof of Income
- We need to see proof of all income such as wages from employment, child benefit, working tax credit, out of work benefits etc. You can either send us your wage slip or benefit decision notices or a bank statement showing the income going into your account.
- If any children are to be rehoused with you, we need to see either their birth certificates or proof of child benefit.
The easiest way to send us the documents is to take a photograph on your phone or tablet and then click on the Share Button.
The Share Button on a mobile phone often looks like this:
You can then select email and send the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the file size is too big, then please send the documents separately.
Please put your name in the Subject line of the email so we know who the documents are from.
If you cannot email us the documents, you can post copies of them to us, or bring them to our office at 131-141 Ubberley Road, Bentilee, Stoke-on-Trent, ST2 0EF. Please click here for our opening hours.
What happens next?
We will email you to let you know when we have checked the documents you have sent us. We will then either come out to visit you at your home, invite you to come into our office or have a telephone discussion with you to complete your application.